Youth: Being An Instrument
Please read: 1 Timothy 4
Are you an instrument in the hand of God?
Introduction: Young people like Timothy and many others were working hard in God's service, why not you?
No one can say that you don't have a story or experience because you are young. You have a story, you have troubles. You have a personality and reasoning. But most of all you have something to say. You have a place in society and in church.
Make a decision today to have a heart that is on fire and passionate for God. Decide to have a true, intimate and growing friendship with Jesus, flourishing in Christ. Decide to let God use your natural gifts, say no to all your troubles and be filled with the Holy Spirit.
We've noted that a large majority of our young people are on a path to getting lost, they are cold and have no interest in anything related to the Lord. If you feel or know that you are one of those on the wrong path, I urge you to accept your Saviour Jesus today, before it is too late. Humble yourself, pray, seek the Lord's face, and turn away from your evil ways. And God will hear your prayers, He will forgive your sins and heal your life and give you new strength.
Don't abandon faith and become attached to seductive spirits and demonic doctrines. The Apostle Paul says in 1 Timothy 4:12-16:
"12 Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. 13 Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching.14 Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through prophecy when the body of elders laid their hands on you.15 Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. 16 Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers."
God is looking, nowadays, for young people who love and want to please Him. Young people like Joseph, Moses, Joshua, Jeremiah and Timothy.
1. Joseph - became the prime minister of Egypt. He overcame a dysfunctional home (Genesis 41:41-44)
2. Moses - became a great leader and lead a great nation. He was chosen by God to deliver his people from slavery in Egypt. (Hebrews 11:24-29)
3. Joshua - was Moses' successor. A young leader who listed to the way of his Creator. (Joshua 1:8-9; Numbers 27:18)
4. Jeremiah - while he was still young, he became a spokeperson of God in Israel. God chose him during one of the darkest and cruelest moments of Israel. He was a prophet of the Old Testament, 6th Century BC (Jeremiah 1:4-9)
5. Timothy - after the apostolic age, he became a Christian leader of the Church. He overcame a divided house. His father was a Greek who worshipped other Gods.
Young people, be an instrument for God. Wake up, so that you can reach a good end like the young leaders of old. I believe in my suffering heart that the Lord can make you capable of becoming His instrument if you act with your heart today.
Let God in... do not harden your heart. He is waiting on you.
God bless you.